Volunteering – Fundraising Collection Champion (Countywide)
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
As a local charity, we rely on the support and dedication of volunteers to help us provide vital care and support to our patients and their families. We need your help to make our Hospice possible. We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and passionate volunteers to help us with collecting funds generated through community and event fundraising.
What you will be doing:
You will support with the collection, distribution and organisation of our charity collection boxes. With a passion for our Hospice and palliative care for our patients and their families, you will gain a broad knowledge which you can communicate and engage with our supporters whilst out and about in your local community.
As this role will require you to drive your own vehicle, you will be able to claim to cover your expenses so that you are not out of pocket.
What you will need:
- Good communication skills.
- A full driving licence with insurance cover for business or volunteering use.
- Be able to work on your own initiative and have a warm friendly approach.
- A willingness to attend ongoing training and receive support.
- An adherence to the principles and values of St Barnabas Hospice.
- Some understanding of loss and bereavement and how this can impact on others.
- An ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding.
- A commitment in time and motivation. To be consistent, trustworthy and reliable.
What we will provide you with:
- Induction, role training and support to enable the safe provision of a quality service.
- Opportunity to develop new skills and meet new people.
- A clear supervision structure.
Qualified position: N/A
Contract term: BankContracted hours: Volunteering