Volunteering – Retail Lead Volunteer (Countywide)
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
As a local charity, we rely on the support and dedication of volunteers to help us provide vital care and support to our patients and their families. We need your help to make our Hospice possible. We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and passionate volunteers to help us leading our teams within our charity shops.
What you will be doing:
If you are looking for a role in retail with additional responsibility, this is for you. You’ll support the Shop Manager to run the shop, learn to understand charity retail and its processes. You’ll help to train new Volunteers, ensure the shop stock levels are good and offer great customer service to our customers.
You’ll work with the Shop Manager to cover the shop in their absence, providing supervision support to the other Volunteers, opening and closing of the shop as a key holder and be able to complete daily cash procedures. You’ll assist the Shop Manager with marketing, merchandising, encouraging interest, customers and Volunteer recruitment for the shop as appropriate. This would be an ideal role for someone with transferable skills or who is looking to develop themselves with additional responsibility.
What you will need:
- Fast and efficient but with a keen eye for detail.
- Interest in fashion, retail and development
- Good written ability and communication skills.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and a positive attitude.
- Leadership skills, well organised and a good motivator
- A willingness to attend ongoing training and receive support and mentoring.
- To adhere to the principles and values of St Barnabas Hospice.
- A commitment both in time and motivation. It will be essential that you are consistent, trustworthy and reliable.
- To be at least 16 years old for regular volunteering.
What we will provide you with:
- Induction, role training and support to enable safe volunteering for all.
- Opportunity to develop new skills and meet new people.
- Protective clothing
- A clear supervision structure.
Qualified position: N/A
Contract term: BankContracted hours: VolunteeringWorking pattern: N/A