Volunteering – Fundraising Events Volunteer (Countywide)
Location: Lincolnshire, UK
As a local charity, we rely on the support and dedication of volunteers to help us provide vital care and support to our patients and their families. We need your help to make our Hospice possible. We are looking for enthusiastic, friendly and passionate volunteers to help us with our fundraising events.
What you will be doing:
You will help us to raise hospice funds through a variety of events and initiatives including working with schools, local fundraising groups and attending our Hospice led events.
With a passion for all things St. Barnabas, you will gain a broad knowledge and understanding about us which will help you to communicate and engage with our supporters whilst supporting at events.
There will be a variety of roles to suit your interests that will help us to deliver outstanding events, for example assisting with event set up/clear down, preparing resources for events, selling merchandise, registration of participants, stewarding participants, helping with refreshments and other tasks depending on the event; all of which will make a real difference to us!
This will all provide you with invaluable experience should you be looking to move into this area of work.
What you will need:
- Good communication skills.
- A positive attitude to make events a success for the hospice and for supporters.
- Be able to work on your own initiative and have a warm friendly approach.
- A willingness to attend ongoing training and receive support.
- An adherence to the principles and values of St Barnabas Hospice.
- Some understanding of loss and bereavement and how this can impact on others.
- An ability to demonstrate empathy and understanding.
- A commitment in time and motivation. To be consistent, trustworthy and reliable.
What we will provide you with:
- Induction, role training and support to enable the safe provision of a quality service.
- Opportunity to develop new skills and meet new people.
- A clear supervision structure.
Qualified position: N/A
Contract term: BankContracted hours: VolunteeringWorking pattern: N/A