At the point of printing our second issue of Inside St Barnabas our plans had to dramatically change, due to the Coronavirus. But it still includes vital information to share with you, including our supporter stories and amazing contributions from the community.
This worldwide crisis does leave us, Lincolnshire’s Hospice with a huge gap to fill circa £1,000,000 from across Fundraising, our retail shops and weekly lottery. We already have to fundraise £6 million each year to care for over 10,500 people. We know that this unforeseeable situation will force us to change and sometimes restrict our care in the community, but we do not want this to be because of funding.
We appreciate this is very worrying time for everyone across the UK, but if you believe in our mission then you can still support us. We will be thinking creatively in order to recoup these funds, so join us on our website and social media pages to stay updated with ‘virtual’ care and wellbeing information and fundraising sessions to keep you energised and busy.
Here are a few ideas to get involved;
• Dedicate a Dragonfly in memory of a loved one.
• Purchase a bottle of Est.1982 Bramble, of which all profits will go to the Hospice.
• Sort through clothes to donate to our shops at a later date
• Get involved in our ‘Virtual’ ideas – not just for the fundraising but for some light hearted social engagement from a distance. Your wellbeing is paramount to getting through this.
• Sign up for our Colour Dash 2021
• Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram – stay up to date with what we are doing and how we can support you and your loved ones.
• Using Amazon Smile, and tick St Barnabas Hospice as your chosen Charity
Please stay safe and look after yourself and your loved ones.