Living with a terminal diagnosis is stressful enough without the additional burden of money worries. But with the help of the Welfare Benefits team at St Barnabas that worry was taken away.
Welfare and benefits advice
Living with a life-limiting or terminal illness, or caring for someone who is, can lead to serious financial problems. Our Welfare Services Team can help you understand what financial help is available.
They can provide practical support with:
- Finding out what you’re entitled to
- Applying for benefits and grants (e.g. completing forms, making phone calls or writing letters)
- Accessing help with health costs, such as travel to hospital
- Applying for transport concessions, such as a disabled parking badge
- Advising on benefits decisions
- Accessing benefits following a bereavement and money towards funeral costs
Contact our Welfare Services Team on 01476 513 544
It’s a good idea to speak to our Welfare Services Team, who will be able to help you understand your options. A member of the team can help you to claim benefits and other income you are entitled to. This can be done either by telephone, a home visit or at one of the Day Hospices.
If appropriate, a member of the team can make the claim for benefits on behalf of the individual. This includes completing the paperwork.