Our bereavement service
- Will help with any bereavement not just those from our own Hospice
- Is friendly, independent and provides you with an experienced person to talk to
- Takes referrals from everyone. You can ask for help yourself, your family or friends may ask us to support you or you might be referred by health and social care professionals.
Depending on your individual needs, we provide individual and group support:
- Individual support lets you talk confidentially, either over the telephone or face to face. A trained counsellor will help you explore your feelings, develop coping strategies and adapt to your changing circumstances.
- Group support is facilitated by trained volunteers and meetings are held across Lincolnshire. They are a safe, comfortable and friendly place where you can express your feelings and emotions.
Our team will help you deal with overwhelming feelings, they are there to listen.
The groups allow you to meet other bereaved people, and provide friendship and support.
Can I access a bereavement group?
Yes, we have the following groups available for people to attend:
- Lincoln: Held on the first Monday of every month from 6 – 8pm at Lincoln City Football Club
- Sleaford: Held on the second and fourth Tuesday of every month from 10 – 11.30am at the Barge & Bottle
- Wigtoft: Held on the third Tuesday of every month from 12 – 2pm at Wigtoft Parish Hall
- South Hykeham: Held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month from 10 – 11.30am at Pennell’s Garden Centre
For more information about the drop-in groups, call 01522 518 246.
How do I access the service?
You can self-refer to the Family Support Service by contacting 0300 020 0694, or a referral can be made on your behalf by a family member carer friend or other care professional. They will need to have your permission to do this.
To download our patient information our Bereavement Support service simply click the image below or here.