Admiral Nurse Dementia Support in Lincolnshire.
St Barnabas Hospice, working in partnership with Dementia UK and Lincolnshire County Council are proud to launch this new service for Dementia patients and their families.
Admiral Nurses are all qualified nurses with a professional specialism in dementia. Admiral Nurses work together with families to provide the one- to one support, expert guidance and practical solutions they need to live more positively with dementia each and every day.
Their clinical knowledge and skills help prevent crisis and build carers resilience which in turn supports families to maintain quality of life and a sense of control. They also work alongside other professionals in the dementia care pathway, sharing best practice.
• Conduct a specialist assessment with families who have complex needs and devise a plan to address these.
• Provide psychological support to help people with dementia and their families understand and deal with their feelings, thoughts and emotions.
• Give practical advice and strategies aimed at preventing and managing situations that can arise after a dementia diagnosis.
• Equip carers with stress management techniques and and coping strategies, provide specialist carer education and training.
• Manage and coordinate care, when required
• Work together with families using therapeutic and educational interventions
• Work in liaison with other professionals and organisations to make sure that families obtain co-ordinated support
• Advocate for families who might not know the best questions to ask, or who to ask them of, and can help families prepare for complicated processes such as continuing healthcare assessments. or finding suitable long term care.
The service will be available to people with dementia and their family carers with complex needs who are registered with a GP practice in Lincolnshire West, Lincolnshire East, South West Lincolnshire and South Lincolnshire.
The main pathway for referral will be through the health and social care professionals in your neighbourhood. Professionals within hospice care, the Lincolnshire Carers Service and Lincolnshire Dementia Support Service will also be able to make referrals to the service.Referrals will be triaged by an Admiral Nurse to identify if they are appropriate for casework.
Contact the Lincolnshire Admiral Nursing Service
You can make referrals to the Lincolnshire Admiral Nurse Service by sending a completed referral form to: email@example.com or call 01522 551250