Nursing & Care Services
Location: Hawthorn Road, Lincoln LN2 4QX, UK
Department: Community Services, North West
Contract: Full time
We have a vacancy for a Staff Nurse to work as part of the Lincoln and Gainsborough Community Services team covering Lincoln and Gainsborough and surrounding areas.
The role includes the provision of specialist palliative care as part of a multi-disciplinary team, supporting patients with complex symptom management needs and working with the team in delivering a high standard of holistic end of life care.
You will be responsible for and supported to provide, high quality palliative care in the community setting, supporting patients who have complex symptom control issues including the provision of emotional and psychological support to patients and their families. You will deliver hands on nursing care to patients working in a small team of highly skilled nurses.
Qualifications and Experience:
Applications are welcome from candidates with:
- Current First Level registration with the NMC
- The ability to perform the role with empathy and consideration for the needs of patients and their families.
- The ability to adapt effectively to varying levels of demand as driven by patient needs or as directed by the line manager.
- Access to independent transport to visit patients in their own homes (as required by the role and a willingness to work in other areas of the Trust on occasions are essential
Hours: Full time: 30 hrs per week
Salary: From £28,294, (band S1) per annum pro rata, (plus weekend unsocial hours enhancement of 30% and contributory pension scheme or continuation of NHS pension)
For further details please contact: Anita Willoughby, Clinical Service Manager NW, 07387050966 or Emma Rogers, Clinical Service Manager, 07442 504654
To apply for this position: Please visit [email protected]
Closing Date: 27.11.2023
Interview Date: TBC
- Please ensure you have right to work within the UK prior to applying for our roles as we are unable to supply sponsorship.
- We do not accept CV’s only completed application forms for clinical roles.
- St Barnabas Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer it believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
- We reserve the right to extend, withdraw or close vacancies where necessary.
- Please be aware that if you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted via the email account you used to register on this site. Please check your spam folder.
Positions available: 1Qualified position: YesDBS required: Enhanced
Contract term: Full timeContracted hours: 30Working pattern: 7 day rota
Closing date: 27/11/2023Interviews held on: To be confirmed
You can work for an organisation that makes a difference
At St Barnabas Hospice we can offer you a rewarding career in a friendly and motivational environment. If you are a passionate, driven and a committed individual then we want to hear from you.
Ranked in the Top 100 Not for Profit Organisations in the UK, St Barnabas can offer you clinical career development, time to care for your patients, along with extra benefits that make all the difference.
Join us for a great work/life balance and a competitive package including generous leave entitlement, the option to buy and sell leave, wellbeing support, the option to keep your NHS pension and discount cards, flexible working and much more.
The team are encouraged to experience insight days in other departments, socialise at events and join us on our fundraising mission.
We have over 300 clinicians, management, IT, fundraising and marketing and administration staff across Lincolnshire. We ensure that patients and their families have the best possible experience and receive the highest quality of care. This ethos carries through to each and every one of our team.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The main duties and responsibilities for this role can be found in the job description and person specification. Applicants must be able to demonstrate significant experience/skills for the role. You can also download an FAQ document and an information guide to the Employment benefits offered by St Barnabas Hospice – this includes the ability to transfer existing NHS pensions (subject to terms and conditions).
St Barnabas Hospice is an Equal Opportunities Employer it believes in treating everyone with dignity and respect and encourages applications from all sectors of the community.
We reserve the right to extend, withdraw or close vacancies where necessary.
Please be aware that if you are selected for an interview you will be contacted via the email account you used to register on this site. Please check your spam folder.