McKinley T34 Syringe Driver : May 2019
This essential training is for all nurses and medical practitioners who use a syringe driver as part of their role.
It looks at the fundamentals of symptom control in palliative care practice, and looks at the practical side of syringe driver use.
• Have a clear understanding and rationale of the principles of using a syringe driver for medication delivery.
• Know the key elements of safe practive using correct procedures for set-up and monitoring of a syringe driver.
• Operate and maintain a continuous subcutaneous infusion via a McKinley T34 syringe pump.
• Identify relevant policies and documentation to be completed.
• Demonstrate a full awareness of drug compatability, drug dose titrationand anticipatory prescribing.
Sally Finch: Clinical Educator