Dying to Communicate: October 2019
This workshop will equip you with the confidence to have those difficult conversations with patients and their families around palliative and end of life care. You will have the opportunity to practice and enhance these skills in a safe environment with knowledgeable actors and learn how to identify stressors prevalent in your work, to broaden your coping strategies.
The workshop aims to eliminate poor communication in order to enhance the care and wellbeing of the patient and their family.
• Understand the theory of communication in complex situations.
• Undertake experiential learning, scenario work with actors and facilitators in a safe environment.
• Develop reflective practice skills and increased self awareness.
• Understand how to encourage patients to explore their feelings.
• Understand professional responsibilities and cultural issues.
Julie Bishop: PCCC Clinical Lead
Sally Finch: Clinical Educator
Rose Gray: Education Facilitator