Dying to Communicate March 2019
86 Barrowby Road,
Dying to Communicate
This two-day workshop will equip you with the confidence to have those difficult conversations with patients and their families around palliative and end of life care. You will have the opportunity to practice and enhance these skills in a safe environment with knowledgeable actors, and learn how to identify stressors prevalent in your work, to broaden your coping strategies. The workshop aims to eliminate poor communication in order to enhance the care and wellbeing of the patient and their family.
• Understand the theory of communication in complex situations
• Undertake experiential learning, scenario work with actors and facilitators in a
• Develop reflective practice skills and increased self-awareness
• Understand how to encourage patients to explore their feelings
• Understand professional responsibilities and cultural issues.
Terms and Conditions of booking.
Cancelling your place – You must notify St Barnabas Hospice in writing (via email) up to 14 days before the start date of the course. Unfortunately, if you withdraw for whatever reason within the 14 day period, the fee of £180.00 will be payable. Non-attendance – If you fail to attend the course or complete both days, the course fee will also be payable in full unless you can nominate someone else to attend in your place. Cancellation by St Barnabas Hospice – In the event of a course being cancelled, every effort will be made to contact delegates and an alternative date will be offered.
For more information please contact Rose Gray on 01522 785 706 or firstname.lastname@example.org.