Advance Care Planning: October 2019
86 Barrowby Road
The session looks in detail at the Advance Care planning process, the importance of offering this to individuals approaching the end of their lives and how to implement this effectively in practice.
This is an interactive and thought provoking course that explores the value of supporting people at end of life to fulfil their wishes.
• Understand the principles of Advance Care Planning.
• Consider different ways of planning for the future: Preferred Priorities of Care, Lasting Power of Attorney and Advance Decisions to Refuse Treatment.
• Understand the importance of offering individuals the opportunity to plan for the future.
• Explore the benefits and challenges of Advance Care Planning.
• Review of documentation and information.
• Moving forward to consider promotion of Advance Care Planning with other professionals.
Mary Hall: Specialist Nurse Practitioner
Ryan Jewitt: Specialist Nurse Practitioner